4.20.2010

The Age of Awareness, Prayer Warriors, and Cleaning Your Room

So what do these all have to do with each other???  Read on if you at all curious, because I will show you how these all fit together.

I have never really bought into the whole Age of Awareness stuff that some religions push.  There is no magic age when kids understand God.  I don't even think it is always an big powerful moment when all of a sudden you get it.  Some times it is much more subtle... and much more beautiful.

For some time now Dylan, my oldest son, has been interested in Bible stories and "Jesus" music.  He really seems to understand a lot more than you would think.  Jodi and I even had to console his crying one day because he was so moved by the way one of his kids worship songs made him feel.  It was one of the most amazing and beautiful things I have ever experienced in my life.

Then, this morning as I was about to head out for work, I heard Dyl talking in his room.  I went in and he was in bed.  I asked him, as he looked up at me, if he was talking in his sleep.  Which he has been known to do...  He said, "No, I was praying."
"About what?"
"About watching TV and cleaning my room."

See, I have been asking him to pick up his room for a few days now, and told him last night that he really needed to pick it up today.  I have also been talking to him more about prayer.

Dylan is an aspiring Prayer Warrior.  (Now I do not use that term lightly. I think it is a term that is thrown around far too often.)  Dylan always reminds us to pray at dinner, and almost always is the one who offers the prayer.  He also is always ready to pray over boo boos or if some one is sick or seeds we plant in our garden.  And the amazing thing is that from his true child like faith he believes knows, that his requests will be and are answered.

He is an amazing blessing to everyone that knows him.

I love you Dyl!

No comments:

Post a Comment